Please log in to view the forum. If you are not registered then please register for access to this great lego website.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum. If you are not registered then please register for access to this great lego website.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do people who read sci-fi novels look for in a good story?

Go down

What do people who read sci-fi novels look for in a good story? Empty What do people who read sci-fi novels look for in a good story?

Post  RahimBhai Mon May 31, 2010 8:39 am

I'm writing a military sci fi story set in the future about a marine who gets captured by aliens. He got heavily injured in a skirmish, so now he's incredibly weak. Though it seems impossible, he decides to attempt an escape, and he has to depend on his wits instead of his muscles. How does this premise sound? What can I do to make this a great sci fi story?

RahimBhai

Back to top Go down

What do people who read sci-fi novels look for in a good story? Empty What do people who read sci-fi novels look for in a good story?

Post  RahimBhai Mon May 31, 2010 8:41 am

I am writting some science fiction as well as other short stories as is one of my passions. I know a good book when I read one, but I'm wondering what people look for it a sci-fi book that is compelling and takes people away from the present and allows them to be deep into the story. Twists? Hard scientific facts used? Closer in timeline to the present or further? Male leads or female lead characters? romance elements? Space fights, aliens, desctruction, evolution, etc. What is it that hooks you?

RahimBhai

Back to top Go down

What do people who read sci-fi novels look for in a good story? Empty How about some Sci-fi/fantasy strategy novels?

Post  RahimBhai Mon May 31, 2010 8:42 am

I am looking for book suggestions along the lines of sci-fi or fantasy strategic novels. Along the lines of Ender's Game.

RahimBhai

Back to top Go down

What do people who read sci-fi novels look for in a good story? Empty Re: What do people who read sci-fi novels look for in a good story?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down